Learn the secrets of one of the oldest crafts in human history. Choose a relaxing and creatively rewarding hobby. Whether you want to approach ceramics as an amateur, or you plan to professionally and independently create ceramic works of art, during our course you will have the opportunity to immerse into the complete process of making one ceramic item. This type of education represents a unique approach in mastering the basic technical and artistic skills necessary for self-cultivation in ceramics. This type of education is available in both Belgrade and Novi Sad.
No matter if you are an absolute beginner or a semi-skilled ceramics enthusiast, our tutors will assist you through a meticulously designed program, tailored to your present capabilities. The Individual approach to every student is possible through work in small groups with professional and experienced tutors overseeing your progress. Students can be of all ages. The individual approach allows you to easily blend in any group that’s open for new students. This means there is no predefined course start and that you can now contact us directly to get the information about vacancies. You can start next week or any other time that suits you. You have complete control over the duration of the course because it is paid monthly. To clarify, the course itself does not last a month, it is paid on monthly basis. Will you be with us for a month, three months or forever - it depends solely on you.
The techniques which are being studied fall into the domain of hand-made decorative ceramic objects and creating items on a potter's wheelchair. The class is 3 hours long, held once a week in a desired time slot. It’s divided into two parts. In the first part you learn the techniques of handbuilding ceramic items. The second part is devoted to the basics of working on the potter's wheel, which is optional. If you opt only for mastering handbuilding techniques, we provide a discount. What we always emphasize is that it takes at least three months to adopt the basic techniques of working on a potter's wheel, however this is a general estimate and can differ for each participant. In order to master all of the most basic segments of this craft, we recommend that you attend the course for 3 to 6 months minimum. Every participant has the opportunity to get familiar with the complete process of making ceramic items - from the conceptual design and preparation of the materials all the way to decorating and the final firing. The studio is equipped with the necessary tools, machines and materials.
As mentioned, the course is paid monthly and it includes:
- Four 3 hours long classes (in the selected time slot)
- Materials for work and materials for decoration (glazes, engobe, oxides, cold colors for ceramics in limited quantities)
- Firing items you made during the course (biscuit and glaze - with limitations in quantity and size - and of course everything you do is yours and available for the taking)
6.000 RSD - For four classes of three hours with material and firing included. (potter wheel and handbuilding techniques)
5,000 RSD - For four classes of three hours with material and firing included. (handbuilding techniques only)
Workshops timetable in Belgrade:
- Monday - from 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Tuesday - from 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Wednesday - from 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Friday - from 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Saturday - from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Saturday - from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
Workshops timetable in Novi Sad:
- Sunday - from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Sunday - from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
- Sunday - from 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Contact phone: +381 63 7172484 (Sasha) Viber WhatsApp
- FB page: www.facebook.com/kurskeramike
- Location 1: Panciceva 14 (local on the corner of the residential building), Dorcol, Stari Grad, Belgrade 11158 (map)
- Location 2: Dunavska 12 (passage, entrance from the other side from Ise Bajića br.6), Novi Sad 21000 (map)
See also other types of education:
- Ceramics course for children
- Single day ceramics workshops
- Intensive course in wheel throwing
- Team Building - A day with ceramics
- Mini ceramics course
- Ceramics workshop for the whole family
- Birthday ceramic workshop for kids